A statewide coalition seeks a talented and organized individual to provide leadership and coordination for a coalition of diverse organizations.
The Coordinator will work closely with coalition members to build strong and functional relationships, facilitate internal and external communication, conduct outreach to potential partners, plan and execute events, and maintain positive relations. The successful applicant will report to the Deputy Policy Director at the Michigan Environmental Council and work will be guided with input from the coalition Management Team. The position is housed at the Michigan Environmental Council offices in Lansing, MI. For more information about the Coalition, please visit www.trans4m.org.
- Work with partner organizations to develop and track progress on work plans.
- Coordinate and support the work of coalition workgroups.
- Coordinate and manage various project consultants.
- Assist with recruiting new supporting partner organizations.
- Continue efforts to create a culture that supports a healthy and effective coalition.
- Develop tools and resources to engage supporting partners.
Meetings & Events Management
- Schedule and coordinate internal coalition meetings and retreats.
- Plan and coordinate events, such as community meetings, legislative days, and networking events.
- Facilitate communication among current core and supporting organizations.
- Update internal coalition calendar and project management system.
- Update external website and prepare e-newsletter updates for coalition supporters.
Contribute to the preparation of meeting minutes, agendas, and reports.
- Well-organized self-starter;
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple tasks while being attentive to details;
- Experience working within a network or coalition;
- Facility in managing budgets and expenditures;
- Strong oral and written communication skills;
- Adept at strategic planning and problem solving;
- Flexibility in responding to short-notice priorities;
- Bachelors degree required, with excellent computer and internet skills;
- Must be able to travel throughout Michigan on a frequent basis.
- Experience in administration and project management;
- Experience managing a collaborative coalition;
- Outstanding communication and interpersonal skills;
- Grant administration experience;
- Graduate degree in management, public policy or related field preferred but not required.
SALARY AND BENEFITS
- Salary commensurate with experience
- Health insurance and other benefits
This is a full-time position with some work on nights and weekends required.
Application Deadline: November 20, 2013
How to apply:
To be considered for this position, candidates must supply the following materials:
- a cover letter specific to this job posting,
- a current resume,
- three references, and
- one writing sample not to exceed four pages.
Please submit materials via email with a PDF attachment by November 20. Put “Trans4M” in subject line. Consolidate all materials into one PDF document. Label the PDF document with your last name first, followed by first name (e.g. Smith_John.pdf). Please do not submit materials in any other manner.
Send to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications that do not include all requested material in the requested format may not be reviewed. Job is available for a January start. Interviews will be held on a rolling basis.
Judy Bearup, Office Manager
Michigan Environmental Council
602 W. Ionia St., Lansing, MI 48933